I just finished Bryan Caplan’s excellent book The Case Against Education. The main assignment is in two parts:
For a main-assignment bonus, read this.
Now for the extra credit:
- Watch this from
- Choose a theme song for yourself that if you were an MLB player would be played when you were up to bat. Post in the comments if you have a chance. Mine is this classic – I think about this song every time someone counts something.
- “Mint 2 Bee” (That’s the name, but what is the business?)
- I spotted these in the wild.
- Donovan’s networking technique
- Oh, and I went to Hong Kong . . .
- City is completely international and truly a 24-hour city.
- At least the humidity and temperature are equal so it doesn’t matter which one you quote.
- Lots of grandmas.
- “Exotic fruit”
- Free shoe shines and LOTS of toiletries.
- Swag report: 45 lbs + on the return trip
- Nobody pours their own drink (coffee, tea, soda, etc.) in HK.
- No napkins for you!
- These people can really bus a table. It must be a local sport or something.
- The taxis drive 30-year-old communist clunkers. The Ubers drive Teslas.
- Buyers regret (painting); not buyers regret (suit)
- NYC to HK a lot like Vegas to Macau
- Macau = New Orleans + Las Vegas
- I’m going to have a hard time walking around without young Asian women directing me.
- Having small girls hold doors for me and watching men walk in front of women is awkward.
- These folks don’t miss a single chance at merchandising.
- Fucking powerful lasers
- There will be gifts!
- This is just happy.
- Take that you sons of bitches!
- Who can’t relate to this?
- Seriously, why aren’t we dancing?
Remember that last Fribrary there was a challenge to me by me that was accepted by me to fill Kevin‘s joy jar by providing “Kevin‘s jams”. How did I do?
P.S., Angie recommended this–“I can’t look away.”
See you Friday!