A year ago as I write (March 22) the stock market as measured by the S&P 500 was a day away from hitting the pandemic low point (2,237). One year later it is up 74%! And you doubted me when I said I want you to deal with your problems by becoming rich!
The astute among you will realize how that interesting fact ties into the main assignment — identify two movies that it is surprising that you haven’t seen. We will culture shame each other and learn a little something along the way.
For extra credit bring at least two ideas for how you would improve the podcast.
Ideas for Fribrarians:
- Check out the latest on the IFF page.
- Who would be in for a StonecloudBrary? How about trying all the local breweries?
- I have a new idea for Newman Hall.
- Thoughts on this episode of Alienating the Audience? I particularly liked the line “Come to my office, massage you need.”
- Watch this guy lift +20-ton blocks by hand.
- And then watch this mesmerizing fire that leaves life behind its wake.
- As suggested by Lucas, check out Radio Garden and bring us your most interesting find.
- Because it was the first song I heard when I opened Radio Garden (from a station in Enid, OK), and because it is awesome, and because The Weeknd is a very interesting story including how he paid $7MM to be the Super Bowl half time show, “Blinding Lights“.
- Because I’ve been wanting to work this great song and awful video in, I give you Babes’ “Isn’t It Love“.
- And let’s round it out with The Ramsey Lewis Trio singing “The ‘In’ Crowd“.
Lots to do. See you Friday!